How well does Will Smith speak Spanish? Pronunciation analysis
Have you ever heard Will Smith speaking Spanish?
Could you say whether he has a thick accent or not?
“I’m conscious of my terrible accent”Will Smith
In an interview with America Reads Spanish, Will Smith says that he’s conscious of his terrible accent when he speaks Spanish.
Do you think that’s true?
Today, I’m going to analyze his Spanish spoken skills (I’m not gonna focus on grammar or vocabulary) and find out if it’s true what Will Smith says about his accent.
In today’s post I’m going to:
- Analyze Will Smiths pronunciation (sounds, connected speech and pitch).
- Find the pronunciation mistakes he’s making (and you can avoid).
- Compare Will Smith’s accent with the pronunciation of a Spaniard [my pronunciation] (Audio + International Phonetic Alphabet or IPA).
- Demonstrate how he should put words together in the sentences he’s using.
- Identify his weaknesses and strengths, and tell a few conclusions and suggestions that would make him improve his pronunciation.
- The 3 factors that make Will Smith succeed in speaking Spanish.